Student Support Resources
The Division of Student Affairs would like to equip you with resources to respond to student needs. The tool attached to this message provides contact information for campus resources to address a variety of student concerns. Page two of the attachment gives you the name of a person in each department who will be helpful in each situation. Please feel free to connect with these resources directly.
Mental Health and Wellness Services for Students
Albany State University offers students a variety of free support options designed to help your mental health and wellness. Whether you are on campus, off campus, on break or traveling, you can access these services.
24/7/365 ACCESS TO A COUNSELOR
24/7/365 clinical support phone support from a licensed counselor is available at 833-855-0083. You’ll be connected to a licensed mental health counselor in about 30 seconds or less, who will listen, offer guidance, or help you set a plan. The 24/7/365 Support Line counselors offer immediate support, regardless of your location, to help you manage your concerns or whatever prompted your call. Common reasons students call include:
- Feelings of anxiety, depression, or stress
- Relationship problems or worries
- Grief and loss
- Help with coping skills
- Support between therapy sessions
- Adjusting to your new college environment
- Feeling lonely, missing home or friends
VIRTUAL COUNSELING SESSIONS
LiveHealth Online allows students to access virtual mental health counseling sessions. Licensed counselors are available to meet with you for 5 free virtual mental health counseling sessions per year. Wherever you are, whether on campus or off, there’s someone you can trust as close as your phone, iPad, or laptop. Appointments are generally available for same-day and next-day services. To get started:
- Go USG.startlivehealthonline.com on your laptop OR download the LiveHealth Online app (App Store or Google Play)
- Click "Sign Up” to create a user account and follow directions. Enter your service key provided by Counseling Center
- Click on the University System of Georgia LiveHealth Online Student Teletherapy tile
- Search for a therapist by when you want an appointment or by name. Therapists will be shown based on your location and their availability
- After deciding on a therapist you’d like to see, schedule an appointment with that provider
- You will receive a confirmation email once you have scheduled your appointment. Save it
- 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment, open the confirmation or reminder email, scroll to the bottom and click ‘Start visit’ Enter any additional information as needed.
PRESCRIPTION SERVICES FOR MENTAL HEALTH MEDICATION
Students have access to an online prescribing clinic for evaluation and management of mental health medications. You can also meet with a provider for assessment to initiate medication or to support your ongoing mental health needs. To access these services, please contact 229-500-2013 to get a referral.
If you or someone you know needs medical attention or is in immediate danger of harm, call 229-430-4711 if on campus and 911 if off campus. Albany State University is also a JED Campus and if you or someone you know is in crisis and needs to talk to a trained counselor right now and would rather text than speak with a counselor on the phone, text START to 741-741. You can also call 988.
Military and Adult Education
Director of Military & Adult Education
Director of Military & Adult Education
|West Campus, C-211||West Campus, C-211|
In addition to these resources, students, faculty, and staff should report any situation that seems unsafe or disruptive to the learning environment. Make these reports to the Office of Student Affairs by completing the Student Concern Form. When there is an active or immediate threat to safety, please call Albany State University Police at 229-430-4711.
Some situations to report using the Student Concern Form may include:
- · Prolonged or significant difficulty with the demands of college
- · Homelessness
- · Food Insecurity/ Hunger
- · Hospitalization
- · Death of a family member or close friend
Please report any circumstance that causes you to be concerned for a member of our ASU community. IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING!