Counseling Services offers several short-term options for counseling including individual,
couple, family, and group therapy. We can assist you if you are experiencing academic
difficulties, anxiety, depression, family and relationship issues, emotional, identity
issues, physical, and/or sexual abuse, stress, substance use/abuse, or any other concerns.
We welcome feedback on our delivery of services to you, both on an informal basis
and formally, through our periodic questionnaire.
Counseling services are available to currently enrolled students and are provided by licensed, professional counselors. Our services are accessible whether you are on campus, off campus, on break, or travelling. All services are FREE and CONFIDENTIAL.
To schedule an appointment with Counseling Services please contact the office at (229) 500-2013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
24/7/365 ACCESS TO A COUNSELOR
24/7/365 clinical phone support from a licensed counselor is available at 833-855-0083. You’ll be connected to a licensed mental health counselor in about 30 seconds or less, who will listen, offer guidance, or help you set a plan. The 24/7/365 Support Line counselors offer immediate support, regardless of your location, to help you manage your concerns or whatever prompted your call. Common reasons students call include:
- Feelings of anxiety, depression, or stress
- Relationship problems or worries
- Grief and loss
- Help with coping skills
- Support between therapy sessions
- Adjusting to your new college environment
- Feeling lonely, missing home or friends
VIRTUAL COUNSELING SESSIONS
LiveHealth Online allows students to access virtual mental health counseling sessions. Licensed counselors are available to meet with you for 5 free virtual mental health counseling sessions per year. Wherever you are, whether on campus or off, there’s someone you can trust as close as your phone, iPad, or laptop. Appointments are generally available for same-day and next-day services. To get started:
- Go USG.startlivehealthonline.com on your laptop OR download the LiveHealth Online app (App Store or Google Play)
- Click "Sign Up” to create a user account and follow directions. Enter your service key provided by Counseling Center
- Click on the University System of Georgia LiveHealth Online Student Teletherapy tile
- Search for a therapist by when you want an appointment or by name. Therapists will be shown based on your location and their availability
- After deciding on a therapist you’d like to see, schedule an appointment with that provider
- You will receive a confirmation email once you have scheduled your appointment. Save it
- 5-10 minutes prior to your appointment, open the confirmation or reminder email, scroll to the bottom and click ‘Start visit’ Enter any additional information as needed.
PRESCRIPTION SERVICES FOR MENTAL HEALTH MEDICATION
Students have access to an online prescribing clinic for evaluation and management of mental health medications. You can also meet with a provider for assessment to initiate medication or to support your ongoing mental health needs. To access these services, please contact 229-500-2013 to get a referral.
If you or someone you know needs medical attention or is in immediate danger of harm, call 229-430-4711 if on campus and 911 if off campus. Albany State University is also a JED Campus. If you or someone you know is in crisis and needs to talk to a trained counselor right now and would rather text than speak with a counselor on the phone, text START to 741-741. You can also call 988.